Cook Time: 45 Minutes Serves: 2-3 People Difficulty: Easy
Aubergines stuffed with tomato, spicy MATR mince, onion and pepper, served with warm bread and chilled creme fraiche on the side. Add steamed rice if you are feeling extra hungry.
- 1 package MATR Mince
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Smoked paprika, cinnamon, cumin
- 1 aubergine
- 1 can peeled, chopped tomatoes
- Salt, sugar
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella or other melt-friendly cheese
- Creme fraiche
- Fresh basil
- Rinse and slice the aubergine lengthwise. Cut some deep diamond-shaped cuts into the flesh without destroying the shell.
- Find a pan that is big enough for both aubergines, and preferably a little deep. Add a little oil and place the two halves cut side down. Let fry on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion and pepper.
- Remove the aubergines from the pan now that they are slightly soft and half cooked. Dig out some of the insides, but make sure the shell is intact.
- Coarsely chop the insides with a knife. Put a little oil on the pan and shake off your mince so it turns golden. Take it off.
- Put a little oil on the pan again and fry the aubergine innards, onion, pepper and garlic until the parts have taken on colour.
- Add peeled tomatoes to the pan, season with smoked paprika, cumin and a little cinnamon, as well as salt and pepper.
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes without the lid while you regularly stir the pan. Put the fried mince in the tomato sauce when the sauce is thick.
- Divide the mince sauce between the two aubergine halves in an ovenproof dish and put cheese on top of the aubergines.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 210 degrees. Drizzle with cold creme fraiche and garnish with basil before serving.