Cook time: 15 Minutes Serves: 2 Persons Difficulty: Very Easy
Nothing warms the soul like bowl of hummus topped with aromatic spices and savory bites. Make your own hummus or use your favourite, and top with spicy roasted MATR Mince. Throw the leftovers into a pita bread for a packed lunch or a snack on the go.
- 1 package MATR Mince 1 small red onion, cut into small cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons of your best spice mix*
- 3-400 grams of hummus, purchased or homemade
- 50 grams of pine nuts
- Olive oil 1/2 bunch parsley 1 lemon
- Pita bread
- Heat a little oil in a pan and toast the pine nuts until they are golden – not burnt!
- Add to cool. At the same time, use a corner of the pan to ‘burn’ half a lemon on the cutting surface.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and fry the red onion until golden.
- Add MATR and fry slightly.
- Add the spice mix and finish frying until the MATR has acquired a little color and is well heated through.
- Put the hummus on a small dish or a large plate.
- Spread it in a circle with an indentation in the middle.
- Put the warm mince into the recess.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with pine nuts, grate lemon zest from the other half of the lemon and top with chopped parsley.
- Serve your hummous plate with half a grilled lemon on the side, warm pita bread and a little dipping oil.