Cook Time: 30 Minutes Serves: 2 People Difficulty: Easy
This salad uses winter friendly ingredients like cabbage and carrots while adding umami, a bright acidity balanced with a little bit of sweetness to your day. Enjoy as a salad or as a wrap using your favorite crispy greens or tortillas.
- 100g Sunflower seed oil
- 45g Rice wine vinegar
- 45g Honey
- 30g Water
- 30g Light soy sauce
- 15g Lime juice
- 15g Sesame oil
- 8g Grated ginger
- 8g Grated garlic
- Salt to taste
- 125g White cabbage, shredded
- 125g Red cabbage, shredded
- 75g Carrot, shredded
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, cut about 5mm thick on a diagonal
- 150g MATR mince
- 25g light soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Neutral flavored cooking oil
- For dressing, add all the ingredients in a jar and shake to combine. Can also be made in a blender if you desire a more homogenous consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 160C Toss MATR mince just enough neutral oil to coat
- Season with 2 Tbsp of soy and 1 Tbsp of sesame oil
- Roast in oven for 16 minutes, stirring abut halfway through to ensure even color on all sides.
- Remove from oven and let cool Combine shredded cabbage and carrots, cooked mince, and add dressing to desired amount.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!