Cook Time: 1 Hour Serves: 2 People Difficulty: Easy
The ultimate comfort food using vegetables you would easily have in the kitchen, a spicy red sauce and lots of rich MATR block. Warms your soul with just the right amount of spice!
- 1 x 300g package of MATR Block
- 500 gr mixed veggies, for example red onion, broccoli and red pepper
- 1 large tablespoon of your favourite red curry paste
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Lime, soy, sugar, salt to taste
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh red chilli
- Break the MATR block into smaller pieces and toast the pieces in a wok, pan or sauté pan over medium heat until the pieces have turned colour.
- Remove the pieces from the pan and keep them warm on a plate.
- Add a little oil to the pan and add the vegetables, cut into bite-sized pieces. Fry over medium heat until crispy. You may want to help the process by adding a few tablespoons of water to steam the vegetables a bit as well.
- Make a well in the middle of the vegetables and add the red curry paste. Let it fry out a little in the pan.
- Add the coconut milk, add the fried MATR pieces and let it all cook together for a while.
- Season with soya, salt, sugar and lime.
- You may also need to add more curry paste.
- Serve piping hot with cooked rice, fresh herbs for topping and half a lime per head for drizzle.