MATR Mince Pide
Cook Time: 1 Hour Serves: 2 People Difficulty: Easy
Here’s our take on the Turkish Pide, filled with MATR Mince, baked with warm spices and topped with tomato, feta and parsley.
- 300g pack of MATR Mince
- 2 red onions – preferably one large and one small
- ½ can of peeled, chopped tomatoes or a can of tomato concentrate
- 1 tablespoon mixed spices, e.g. cumin, paprika, oregano, chiliu
- 1 roll of pizza dough or similar homemade
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 100g crumbled feta cheese (can be plant-based)
- Fry MATR mince in a pan in a little oil over medium heat until it has browned. Season with a little salt. Remove the mince from the pan and add a little more oil to the pan.
- Cut the large red onion into narrow strips and roast them until they get a little colour.
- Add peeled tomatoes or tomato concentrate with a little water to the pan together with the spice mixture. Cook through and now add the MATR mince.
- Form the pizza dough into a boat shape by pulling slightly in two diagonal corners.
- Put the filling on the dough and roll the edges a little all the way around.
- Roll the ends up so they stick together.
- Bake the pide for approximately 20 minutes, until the dough is baked through.
- Cut the small red onion into rings.
- Dice tomatoes and mix with coarsely chopped parsley and crumbled feta.
- Put some of the topping on the pide when serving and serve the rest.