Grilled sourdough MATR patty sandwich with Romesco sauce
Cook time: 1 Hour Serves: 2 Persons Difficulty: Easy
Who doesn’t love a properly stacked sandwich? Even better when it’s made of ingredients which can boost energy, rather than deplete. Eat straight away, or wrap up for a tasty packed lunch.
- One 300g package of MATR block
- Slices good sourdough bread – can be a day or two old since you are grilling the bread. Less waste ;)
- A few slices of aubergine, peppers or other barbecue-friendly vegetables
- Red or white cabbage
- Spinach leaves or other salad 2 tablespoons parsley pesto or your favorite store bought pesto (can be omitted)
- One bell pepper
- Clove of garlic
- ½ dl olive oil
- A small handful of almond
- 40 grams 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and a pinch of sugar
- Start with the Romesco dip: cut the peppers into pieces and put them in a small saucepan with the oil.
- Let it simmer over medium/high heat until it gets some dark spots on the skin.
- Add sliced garlic and almonds at the very end, so both get just a little heat too without browning.
- Allow to cool slightly and then place everything, along with the other ingredients in a mini chopper or blender jar and blend to a delicious creamy dip.
- Season with more salt, vinegar or sugar if necessary
- Grill the bread and spread with pesto if desired.
- Pan fry the MATR blocks on both sides in a little oil and season with a little salt.
- Assemble your sandwiches by spreading the bread with Romesco and layering the vegetables and steaks.
- Be generous with the dip… Drizzle