Cook Time: 30 Minutes Serves: 2 People Difficulty: Easy
This mouthwatering burger comes together in every bite with a medley of greens, fresh mozzarella and a juicy MATR patty in the middle.
- 1 package of MATR patties
- 2 burger buns, e.g. good whole grain buns ½ bag of frozen edamame beans, approx. 150 grams
- 1-2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or similar*
- 1 clove of garlic
- A little red scallion or other cabbage or salad
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella*
- Pickled red onions
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh pesto, parsley, rocket or basil
*Can use plant-based alternatives.
- Put edamame beans, yogurt, garlic and a little salt/pepper in a mini chopper and blend. Taste if necessary. with lemon and more salt/pepper.
- Fry the MATR patties in a little oil in a pan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm and split the bun. Spread the base well with edamame cream, add finely chopped cabbage or salad, then the hot burger patty, fresh mozzarella torn into strips and pickled red onion.
- Drizzle well with parsley or basil pesto, top with coriander and close with the top bun.
- Pro Tips: Buy your pesto ready-made, or make it yourself by blending a bunch of herbs to taste with ½ dl of oil, 10 almonds and a little salt. Store the rest in the fridge for a few days.
- You can pickle your red onions yourself by boiling a dl of vinegar and a dl of sugar with a little peppercorns, chilli or fennel seeds, and pouring thinly sliced red onions over them. Leave to soak for at least an hour.