Empanadas with Garlic Dip
Cook Time: 1 Hour Serves: 2 People Difficulty: Easy
Handheld happiness with lots of vegetables – roasted together with a spicy version of MATR, baked in a crispy dough. Brilliant for packed lunches, or to eat while chilling on your sofa.
- 1 package MATR Mince or Block, broken into smaller pieces
- 400 grams of mixed vegetables, e.g. pumpkin, onions, boiled potatoes, onions and/or broccoli
- 1 tbsp garam masala – or any other ‘flavor’ you like
- 1 packet of pizza dough or equivalent homemade
- 1 egg or a little milk 2 dl yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper
- Cut all vegetables into edible pieces and fry them until tender in a pan with a little oil.
- When the vegetables are almost tender, add MATR to the pan and fry with it. Season with garam masala and salt.
- Roll out the pizza dough a little and cut the dough into four squares.
- Distribute the filling on the four plates, brush the edges with beaten egg or milk and fold into triangular empanadas.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the dough is golden and the filling warm.
- Meanwhile, stir yogurt and crushed garlic for a dip.
- Serve the hot empanadas with the cold dip and possibly a juicy tomato salad with onions and herbs – or a crisp cabbage salad, depending on the season.