Cook Time: 1 Hour Serves: 2 People Difficulty: Easy
Everyone has their own opinions on what makes a delicious burger. Ultimately though what it really comes down to is the ingredients. Use high quality, fresh ingredients and you have what it takes to make a really tasty burger.
We top our juicy fungi fermented MATR burger with fried mushrooms – fungi enough for ya’? Load it with two kinds of cheese – whipped feta and oozy melted cheddar.
Pro-tip: Don’t skimp on the bun quality and lightly toast it. If you want super melty cheese put the MATR patty with cheese on top in a pre-heated pan, add a little water and close the lid for about 30 seconds.
- 1 package MATR patties
- 2 slices of good cheddar*
- 2 brioche buns or wholemeal buns
- 50 grams of feta*
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, milk or yogurt*
- ½ red pepper
- A handful of brown mushrooms (4-5 pieces) or a Portobello
- A handful of pea sprouts
- Parsley pesto (see tips)
- Blend or whisk the feta and creme fraiche together.
- Taste if necessary. with a little pepper, lemon zest or garlic.
- Cut the pepper into vertical strips and roast the slices on the pan in a little oil until they are soft.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices and roast in the pan, season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the MATR steaks on the pan in a little oil over medium heat, turning them once in a while. Also season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place a good slice of cheese on top of each steak.
- Cool and split the buns.
- Spread the under bun with a good layer of whipped feta.
- Place the steak on top together with the fried pepper and mushrooms.
- Top with pea shoots.
- Drizzle the burger with parsley pesto and finish with the top bun.
- Serve with fries, made in the oven, air fryer or on a pan.